Check out my petting zoo at the bottom of my page!!!

6.18.2010

DIY ribbon belt

I recently found this super cool vintage ribbon in some old boxes, and wanted to make something out of it. It was fairly large ribbon, maybe 3 inches wide. So this is what I did. >>>

Materials
Ribbon
Belt Buckle
Thread
Sewing Machine

Instructions
1. Measure your waist.
2. Cut ribbon the length of waist +2 inches.
3. Fold ribbon in half. (Optional)
4. Sew along the edges of ribbon.
5. Attach belt buckle by threading ribbon through, about one inch, and sewing to secure.
6. Repeat on other side. 
7. Try it on, and Voila! You have a fun, colorful belt! 

It doesn't really keep your pants from falling down, but it's a fun accessory! 

3 comments:

  1. woah. that's so cool. i wish i was that creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with lane that is really cool and cute! very smart way of taking something old and turning it into something new:)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! I have a basket full of vintage ribbon and this is a perfect use. I've made belts out of old men's neckties to!

    ReplyDelete

Come on, comment! You know you want to!!!