Check out my petting zoo at the bottom of my page!!!

7.17.2010

the scarf-tan-ette: DIY project from the Glamourai

Kelly of The Glamourai just did this amazing DIY post that i had to try. She calls it a "scarf-tan-ette",  because its a scarf dress, but its also like a caftan. 
The directions to make this cool little ensemble are here.
Here is my attempt:
Instead of 2 straps, i used the two chains to make one double strap. 
I used a red/white/gold scarf for the front of the dress, and a blue/gold scarf for the front. I liked the blue, red and gold color scheme, especially with the gold jewelry. 
~DIY scarf dress, thrifted chain necklace worn as a belt, earrings borrowed from mom, DKNY heels~

5 comments:

  1. Anna that is absolutely gorg. Did not know you re-started blogging! YAY
    and you went thrifting w/out me... oh wellz
    are you in town? call meeee i am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I wish that I had some scarves like that to make a dress with!

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got them at the thrift store, they're super cheap. you should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those. heels. are. ADORABLE. how much were they at DKNY?

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are my moms, she got them at DSW, i forget how much they were.

    ReplyDelete

Come on, comment! You know you want to!!!